Policies and Procedures of GOPB
· Shall preside over all Club meetings and be accountable for the administration of club business.
· Shall carry out the direction and policies established by the Board.
· Votes on all Board matters requiring a vote and provides a tie-breaking vote if necessary.
· All committees, including standing committees, and the Chairpersons thereof, shall be appointed by the President with Executive Board approval.
· In the event of vacancies on the Executive Board, the President shall appoint, with Executive Board approval, interim replacement Executive Board Members until official elections can be held.
· Responsibility for managing outreaches into the community & is the principal liaison with community partners.
· Negotiates contracts with athletic clubs where GOPB plays and manages the affiliate interface with the USA Pickleball Association.
· Shall record minutes of Board of Directors meetings
· Keep club records
· Issue notices of all meetings of the Board or General Membership through the Communications Chair.
· Update the history of GOPB & send to webmaster
· Conduct all correspondence relating to the Club’s business.
· Furnish whatever reports to other persons or organizations as may be required.
· Keep inventory of nets & supplies
· Responsible for keeping track of & increasing membership
· Finds people to welcome new members at each facility, sign waivers & gives them information about club. Watches for non-members playing at locations and explains about membership.
· Uses Wild Apricot for membership management http://greaterokcpickleballclub.wildapricot.org/. Receives a notification by email that a new member has joined (2) goes to member application online and accepts their membership (3) a letter is sent to them about the club and what to do if they want to join KeyHealth, Santa Fe or Quail Springs Baptist(4)order name tag from Xcel Badges, pay & pickup (5) deliver name tags
· Collect checks or cash for those that don’t join online.
· Deliver collected money with records to the Treasurer
· Takes pictures for directory & adds to website.
· Encourages GOPB members to become USAPA members
· Takes request to join Keyhealth and sends them a Paypal link for one month. When payment is received, sends them a link to join Keyhealth. Updates GOPB membership to show as a member of KeyHealth. Sends all cancelations to Keyhealth before the monthly bill is issued. Receives the monthly bill from Keyhealth and verifies that all members have paid either by Paypal or check. Approves the bill and instructs Keyhealth to pay using the credit card on file. Sends copy of payment to the Treasurer for their records.
· Monitors Santa Fe membership to insure that we maintain 35 members per month for our six month contract. GOPB is responsible for anything below 35 members.
C1. Communications. Responsible for management of all communication channels inside and outside that involve the GOPB.
C2. Court Operations. Responsible for coordinating locations, court times, and types of play by members of the GOPB.
· Coordinates play times with facilities GOPB is the prime manager. Excludes responsibility for facilities such as Oaktree, Cherokee Hill Baptist and other OKC locations where the GOPB is NOT prime manager of play.
· Quail Springs Baptist
· Holy Trinity Lutheran
· Woodson Gym
· First Baptist Church of Moore
· Norman NE 12th Rec Center
· Santa Fe
· Seward Rd Baptist
· St. Paul’s Lutheran
· UCO/Wantland Hall
· Stephenson Park/Edmond
(Not managed by GOPB)
Cherokee Hill Baptist
Henderson Hill Baptist
The Greens Tennis Club
Quail Creek Country Club
Oklahoma City Golf and CC
· Organization of all member-play may include establishment of differing levels of skill-based play within organized play, establishing hours of and rules for challenge court play, determining and administering ratings systems, determining number and type of sessions at limited-hour venues.
· Develop hard copy of court schedule
· Organization of all member play
· Skill level
· Round Robin
· Challenge court
C3. Training. Responsible for all issues involved in the instruction of Pickleball, developing player skills and knowledge of rules and court etiquette.
C4. Ratings. Responsible for maintaining a consistent rating system within the GOPB. Ratings help promote competitive balance among members and measure the degree player development.
C5. Leagues. Responsible for establishing assorted league play for GOPB members.
C6. Promotions. Responsible for promoting Pickleball and the GOPB to the general public in the Greater OKC community.
C7. Social Activities. Responsible for promoting social interaction among club members with various seasonal events.
· Plans and implements a variety of events during the year – (minimum of 4) in order to encourage the social interaction among all club members.
· Responsible for providing refreshments & set up for all activities for the GOPB club.
· Work with Tournament committee to provide food
· Recruit volunteers to help
· Call members without emails about events and information in emails
· Arrange for raffles at social events
C8. Tournament. Responsible for coordinating tournament play in events sponsored by the GOPB & which GOPB’s expertise has been requested.
· Coordinate With Your Club
· Gather A Good Team
· Coordinate With Your Community
· Set Tournament Dates
· Tournament Software
· Online Desk Operations
· Volunteer at a tournament to get experience
· Desk Brackets
· Set Dates/Fees/Events/Brackets
· Develop Registration Form and Flyer
· USAPA Sanctioning
· Player/Spectator Consideration
· Tournament Items to Consider:
– Court location
– Brackets: Age, skill, etc
– Type of balls
– Food service
– Water/sports drink
– Sponsors and vendors
– Player snacks
– Player gifts such as T-shorts, inexpensive backpacks, etc
– Tents (easy-up style), chairs, tables
– Players bring camp chairs
– Morning Refreshments